Tuesday 8 December 2015

Kapa Haka (Distinction Badges)

Distinction Badge Can-do

Kapa Haka

On Saturday I was performing for the Te Hapua Learning Center, which is the New Library. When I got there at the library at 12:00 ish I was in my Kapa Haka uniform ready to perform to the people that were watching us do our Kapa Haka. 

When we walked into the new learning center doors, we went to the right, we did not go to the left, because that is the library and the performing room was on the right side when you walk through the big glass doors. We waddled  through the hallway in our tight skirts trying not to fall over. We finally got to the room where people were already performing and I think one of them was Molly's mum performing with different people doing a jump jam type dance.

When it was our turn to go on I was really excited that we were performing to people and my parents were there in the crowd somewhere. When we walked onto the stage it was bigger then we thought it was going to be, but it didn't matter, what did matter was our sound/volume.

When we started, Hannah was able to talk to the people about the songs that we were going to sing in the performing room. The songs that we sang were the songs that we did at the Oakland's school Gala. 

When we finished all of our songs the audience clapped for us, it was really good and I think we sang really well, especially because it was on a Saturday when we could have been siting watching T.V. When we walked out after the kapa haka, we went into another room. The choir group had to stay in there in that room and I had to stay in my Kapa Haka uniform, because we didn't have any time to get changed into our choir shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment