Saturday 5 December 2015

Kapa Haka (Distinction Badge)

Distinction Badge Can-do

Kapa Haka

Yesterday was the Gala and I was performing for the Kapa Haka group at 4:30. It was 4:20 when I got to school for the gala and we had to meat at room 26 and room 24, girls were in room 24 and boys were in room 26 when I had put down my bag I had to change my skirt it was meant to be on the left I had my skirt on my right. 


When it was time to perform we had to be in our lines, the boys were on the truck and the girls were on some blocks of wood and were in the our lines as if is like in the hall, but outside. Our first song was our Oakland's school song with action we had to get it perfect, because as that the standard we are aiming for. After singing our school song we had Tar Hui Hui which was with the poi, I think that I went pretty well with my poi, but I think I need a bit more practice with getting it right.

After we sang Tar Hui Hui it was Pai Ma, Pai Ma is a really easy song to sing and do the action. When we sang Pai Ma we sang Whakataka Te Hau with the Haka. When we sing Whakataka Te Hau we have the Haka After it, but this time all of the boys had there tops off, but the girls could not look behind, because it would make oaklands school look bad, but I was happy that my Mum videoed the Haka, because my brother Jack was doing the haka at only 9 years old he was so good, but the younger boys need some help two. 

My dad didn't quite arrive in time to see Jack doing the Haka, but he said he could hear us whilst he was parking his motorbike on Cobra Street and that we were really loud, which is one of the things we try hard to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment