Monday 15 August 2016

Grow a plant from the start (Science Badge)

Science Badge
23 (1 Star) - Raise a plant from kitchen vegetable of fruit scraps e.g carrot, pineapple avocado or pear.


I choose to raise a plant from a Kitchen vegetable scrap, to see what would happened if I watered the plant for over a month or so.


There are two photos from the start to the end. I tried two methods. The first method was letting the carrot top sit in the water in the dish. The second method was to balance the carrot top in the water using a narrow vase to see if I could grow the roots.


May 27: When I cut it from the actual carrot.


July 5: When it was the really big, but as you can see only the one in the water on the left grew.

When I came back from my holiday, the carrot had died, but I don’t have a photo to show you of that. I think it died, because i use to water it every day to top it up and keep it alive, but it sat in the sun the whole time and I didn’t give it enough water for the plant to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment