Sunday 1 November 2015

Choir (Distinction Badge)

Distinction Badge Can-do

Choir

On Friday it was choir as usual, but this was not a normal practice session, because in there were parents in the music room ready to go with us to the Horncastle Arena. It was finally our day to go and have a practices in the arena, which was very exciting. 

When Miss Harris had done the roll, she asked if anyone wanted to go to the toilet as it was best to go now whilst we were still at school, because we couldn't wander off when we got to the arena. When I had come out of the toilets, the whole choir group was out side, so I didn't have to walk back to the music room. 
I sat on the bus with Sharna and when we got there the practice session went well. All of the other schools were there too. There was around 1,400 of us singing, so that was a lot of kids to organise.
Dad took to me to the arena in the evening and we found Mrs Harris and I went straight through with all the Oakland's choir, all wearing our nice white shirts and ties. I found my place to sit and then we sang our first song that all 1,400 kids, plus the audience sang together. It was God of Nations. We always sang all the songs together, except for the special choir who sang parts of a song on their own.
It was a really fun experience, but I was really tired when I got home at about 9.45pm.


This is a cool photo

No comments:

Post a Comment