Wednesday 4 May 2016

Technology (Merit Badge)

Merit Badge Must-do

Technology 

Today I was in science. When our bus arrived at Lincoln we had to walk to our activity. My activity was science, so when Mr R told us to grab our pencil case most of us didn't have them, but I did. 

When we sat down at our desk, we had to choose a word for us to be quite, so when Mr R said that word that we chose to use from the Periodic table, we would be quiet. We chose the word Nickel. Our first activity was to make a Leaning Tower Of Pasta with long spaghetti and marshmallows.

When we started to make the leaning tower Monique and I were in a group, but there was another pot of spaghetti and marshmallows left, so Monique had that one and made her own. 

My goal was to get the highest in the class. I want to get at least 1 meter tall. So I started by making a triangle shape and I put the marshmallows on the ends to keep it together.

After that I put one more piece of spaghetti each in the marshmallows, so it would stand up straight. Then I put one more spaghetti in the side to make it stable, but it was not working at all, so I put one more in the triangles to make in stand up a bit better and it did. So I did that for the other 3 more layers I did and the height I got to was 99cm, which is so close to 1 meter. So I was happy and I was one that won the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment