Tuesday 20 September 2016

Keep at least two different types of plants growing indoors using improvised containers ( Science Badge)

Science Badge Part 15 (1 Star)

Keep at least two different types of plants growing indoors using improvised containers. 

I chose to grow a flower plant and a vegetable plant. The flower plant is called a Hollyhock and the vegetable plant I chose was a pumpkin.

The Hollyhock seed came from an old plant in the garden when I collected seeds for my seed collection and the pumpkin seed I saved from a pumpkin that we were given by our neighbours.

For my improvised container I chose to use old lemonade bottles. I cut them in half so that I could make a little green house. It was good to see the process of the water cycle that I'd learnt in science. Because the pot had a sort of lid on it, it meant that the bottle stayed warm inside when the sun was shining on it, which caused the water to evaporate and keep the soil damp.


These photos show my little green houses
         

This is a photo of the Hollyhock and the pumpkin together 

No comments:

Post a Comment