Monday 5 September 2016

Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Seed (Science badge)

Life Cycle of a Pumpkin 

2** Keep a diary of the growth of a named seed for 4 weeks.

I have decided to do a life cycle on a pumpkin, because
A) It would be cool to see the stages of a pumpkin seed and 
B) what happens in the life cycle of a Pumpkin seed. 

Here is a picture of the life cycle of a pumpkin.

Image result for pumpkin lifecycle

Stage 1. The seed 
Stage 2. A little seedling
Stage 3. The leafs are starting to grow
Stage 4. Growing more
Stage 5. Blooming 
Stage 6. Turning into a small Pumpkin
Stage 7. Grown fully ready to eat!
Stage 8. Doing the life cycle again

I decided to do this, because I have already started growing a pumpkin at home. The plant is really big. So far it is at stage three. I got a pumpkin seed from a whole pumpkin, which my next door neighbor gave to us. She grows pumpkin's in her garden and I thought why can't I try and grow a pumpkin plant for myself. 

Stage 1-
Date -  3rd August 2016

Stage 2
Date -  27th August 2016
Displaying 20160827_120040.jpg

This is Stage 3
Here is a photo of the Pumpkin at this stage
5th September 2016 
Displaying 20160905_170150.jpg
Stage 4/5
Here is a photo of the Pumpkin at this stage.
Hopefully it will produce a flower soon.
20th September 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment